Headlight, headlight bucket, a pack of w-type retainer clips, plier, Philip head screwdriver, safety glasses*, gloves.
*Warning: Always wear safety glasses and gloves. These high tension clips can pop out with high-speed and strength during the installation process.
1. The housing comes assembled, so the first step is taking it apart. Remove two bolts on the ring, then take the ring off from the bucket.
2. Put the reflector through the ring.
3. Align headlight and ring top to top.
4. Prelocate 3 or 4 of the retainer clips evenly and make sure the two lower screw holes and tabs will not be blocked with the retainer clips.
5. Insert retaining clips.
Secure one end of the retainer clip in the groove of the ring.
Press the center of the retainer clip with one thumb, and use a plier to bend the other end into the groove.
Follow the same steps for other retainer clips (total 3 or 4 would be good).
6. Connect the plug and H4 blub.
7. Install the ring from the top first, hook the ring up to metal tabs to hold it in the place.
Then press the ring back to the headlight bucket. Tighten up the bolts on both sides.
8. Job done!
Shop the KiWAV Headlights/ Buckets
There are many more helpful small tools out there. Things that make you go Ah-Ha!
Not expensive, but very helpful.
If you're interested, subscribe to us and you'll receive the hottest news straight to your inbox.